Tips for reading TFNG and YNNG
Steps for this type of question:
1. Read instruction: TFNG questions are based on fact while YNNG the writer’s opinion need to be understood
2. Underline keywords and try to understand the statement
3. Find the part of the passage the contain the keywords
4. Read in detail
5. If all aspects are correct then it’s T/Y. If one or more aspects is incorrect then it’s F/N. Finally use NG if the statement is not clearly the same or the opposite and if the keywords cannot be found within 2 minutes.
1. Understand what the statement as a whole means instead of focusing only on keywords
2. Do not try to find exactly match for the keywords in questions. The words are usually synonyms/antonyms or paraphrased. Match the meaning not the words
3. Base the answer on reading passage only. Do not use knowledge you know outside the text.
4. The keywords in the text follow the order of the question most of the time. So keywords of question 8 is between question 7 & 9.
5. Not given does not mean that there is no words in the statement match words in text.
6. Pay attention to any words that qualify the statement as well as modal verbs: always, often, some, all, mainly, must, never …